Supporting Technical Studies
Numerous technical studies are in the planning phase and/or currently underway to inform important components of the HCP. These studies include:
- Analysis of the previous ten years of MCWRA water management operations.
- Feasibility analysis of modifying Nacimiento and San Antonio Dam to support passage of juvenile and adult steelhead trout.
- Analysis of minimum in-river flows required to facilitate upstream movement of adult steelhead through the Salinas River.
- Long-term monitoring of juvenile steelhead within the Salinas River and its major tributaries.
- Long-term monitoring of tidewater goby in the Salinas River Lagoon.
- Hydraulic modeling of proposed water operations within the Salinas River basin.
- Evaluation of aquatic habitat within the upper Nacimiento and San Antonio River basins.
- Salinas Lagoon Seining Report: Spring 2023
- Salinas River Lagoon Fish Distribution Study: 2023 Summary of Tidewater Goby Surveys
- Salinas River Index Reach Monitoring Surveys 2022
- Salinas Lagoon Seining Report: Spring 2022
- Salinas River Lagoon Fish Distribution Study: 2022 Summary of Tidewater Goby Surveys
- Least Bell's Vireo Survey Report 2021
- Gabilan Creek Watershed Monitoring Report 2021
- Salinas Valley Water Project Flow Monitoring Report: 10-Year Review